IIRD has worked throughout India, with a marked focus on the states of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Uttaranchal.
Its focused areas, as a monitoring and evaluating agency, include the following:
In Rajasthan, we concentrate our development efforts on the Hadauti Region, which include Jhalawar, Kota, Bundi, Baran and Jaipur.
- Alwar, Jaipur, Tonk, Kota, Baran, Bundi, Jhalawar Districts of Rajasthan
- Kutch districts of Gujarat
- Chanderi, Ashok Nagar district, Madhya Pradesh
- Ratnagiri district, Maharashtra
- Shivpuri, Mandla, Raipur, Guna and Jhabua districts, Madhya Pradesh
- Shimla, Hamirpur, Solan, Chamba and Una districts, Himachal Pradesh
- Mirzapur, Farrukhabad and Unnao districts, Uttar Pradesh, Mansa district, Punjab
- Kishanganj district, Bihar
- Haridwar district, Uttaranchal State